OF THE LUFTWAFFE UPGRADE INFO
The following info was
few years ago on America-On-Line by "LizN1" from LucasArts, along with
for SWOTL version 2.1:
First off, I'd like to apologize once again for all the
surrounding this issue. The good news is, I've finally got the
scoop! All the details will follow, but here's the short version:
If you have the P-80 expansion disk, you do not need this
If you have the P-38 disk, carefully check the information below, to
if it is to your benefit to upgrade. If you have no expansion disks, it
would be to your benefit to upgrade. You can download the upgrade
from here, or send us your disks for exchange.
CHANGES FOUND IN VERSION 2.0 (P-38 disk)
- Modifications made to allow addition of 4 new planes.
- Scores between 32768 and 65535 will now be displayed
instead of as negative numbers. Reminder: max score is
- With this version, after deleting PUSA.TOP and
score files) top ten lists should display properly.
- Joystick drift greatly reduced and eliminated on most
- The 'G' key which swaps the function of the two
buttons between firing machine guns and cannons now works.
- To duplicate the function of the CTRL key (which
on some machines), the comma key (',') will now also fire the second
- Flak functions more accurately, no longer fires at you
long range or from captured installations.
- In tours of duty, the player no longer starts mission
or returns to an airfield on the opposing side.
- Replay synch problems have been reduced.
- Awarding of Bonus score for completing mission was
CHANGES FOUND IN VERSION 2.1 (P-80, German expansion
and upgrade here)
- P-38 speed problem fixed.
- Menu selection system improved to avoid problems with
- EGA Map bug fixed (this was fixed before, but
- P-38 no longer turns into B-17 on 9th or 10th tour, as
to some people.
- Joystick routine further adjusted.
As you can see, the changes between versions 2.0 and 2.1
minor. If you have the P-38 disk, and you've already downloaded
speed fix, you're not using EGA graphics, and you've never had problems
with P-38s turning into B-17s or joystick drift, you may not want to
at this point. It's completely your choice. If you choose to download
upgrade kit from the library here, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN
"READ ME" FILE CAREFULLY.
SWOTL ACC Patches
These files, when installed after the
corresponding Mod (Module)
is installed, act as "patches" to allow the Mod to be used with the
of SWOTL included in Air Combat Classics (v2.2). If you are not
version 2.2 (ACC) you should not be using these patches. If,
you have version 2.1, and wish to upgrade so that SWOTL will run better
on a machine faster than a 386 (see info on Pentiums
in the SWOTL FAQ), you may use the ACCSWOTL
file to do so. Likewise, you may "upgrade" Battle Hawks 1942
Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain to the ACC version with the
NOTE: I strongly recommend backing
copy of SWOTL before trying an "upgrade"!!